Thursday, May 30, 2013

Celebrating Earth Day Mermaid Style: Beach Clean-up

Happy Earth Day, Mer-Folk! Today is a day to celebrate the Earth and all we have been given. Today, we give back to the Earth by respecting this planet and taking part in something bigger than ourselves…Caring for Earth Mother, just as she cares for us. What are you going this Earth Day to show your love and respect? 
Saturday marked the 167th consecutive 30 minute Beach Clean Up in Long Beach California and Me and My Mates where there to help! Armed with a plastic bag, a rubber glove, me Mates, and a smile, we wondered the shore and picked up bits and pieces of trash. Talking and laughing as you stroll the beach on a sunny California day while picking up trash is not a bad way to help with keeping our beaches clean! 
Hooping it up on the beach
<3 Me and Mommy <3


<3 My Husband and I <3


After the Clean-up, we staked out a nice patch of sand to call home for the day, laid out some blankets, grabbed our Hula Hoops and played and danced in the waves. No trip to the beach would be complete without Sun Block, now I will tell you a little secret….I don’t use sunblock, I am lucky enough to have never been sunburned. Also, sunblock smells and it irritates my skin. Now, I know that I should use sunblock and my skin and health will be thankful in the long run. So I made sure to use my new bottle of AOLANI ~ Botanically-Infused SPF-30+ Sunscreen from Mermaid Minerals. The first thing I noticed was there was NO smell; there was a clean, fresh scent! There are no harsh chemical smells because Aolani is a chemical-free, waterproof sunscreen made with 7.5% transparent zinc oxide, 2.4% titanium dioxide, MMPI peptides and beta carotene to provide broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection as well as help rejuvenating the skin's overall appearance. Also it absorbs quickly and leaves your skin with a matte airbrushed glow. Use Aolani in replace of your concealer to insure that your little nose won’t get sun burned! I used Aolani along with my normal make-up routine, it blended perfectly, left no sticky or heavy feeling, washed right off and the best part is, my skin is still smooth and soft. No more sunblock breakouts! Another must have at the beach, (or anywhere, if you’re like me!) is lip balm. I always use and carry lip balm with SPF and Mermaid Minerals Organic SPF-10 lip balm in Key Lime is one of my new favorites. Right now you can get the lip balm, the sunscreen, and hair care products in the Beach Bag Bundle at MermaidMinerals.com. Try out the products and send me your reviews, comments, or questions. I would love to hear about your experiences!

Once we had had our fill of fun in the sand and surf we dried off, packed up, and headed to the Love & Light Festival just up the shore. Just as we got there; Tammie Brown from RuPaul’s Drag Race was headed up on stage! An unexpected and awesome surprise, that made me smile from gill to gill. While listening to her campy style of music, we looked around the artisan booths and chatted with a few local Hoopers. But it was time to leave the beach and make our way across Long Beach to the home and workshop of Thom Shouse, my Mer-Papa.
As many of you already know, Thom Shouse is the Original Tail Man; he created the very first high quality tails available to the public. But perhaps Thom is best known for turning the beautiful Darryl Hannah into Madison the Mermaid from Splash. Many of us grew up watching Splash and dreaming of the day when we would turn into mermaids. Now, it is my privilege to be a part of Thom Shouse’s Pod and swim with some of the most amazing mermaids you will ever meet! To find out more about Thom and his League of Extraordinary Mermaids, visit MermaidRentals.Com. After lots of hugs and kisses and even a few very happy tears, we settled in for short but much need visit. We chatted about future mermaid events, tail making, and lots of general catching up, the time passed too quickly. My Landsmen and I bid farewell to Thom with more hugs and kisses. Then we drove off into the setting sun to begin our romantic getaway weekend.  Make sure you check out my Facebook Page later this week to see the pictures from the Beach Clean –Up and all of this weekend’s grand adventures!



  <3,, & ><((((º>
Love, Peace, & Mermaids,
        Meridian

 Leave a comment, stay connected and be sure to follow Meridian Mer-Gyver at:
Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/meridian.mergyver
Twitter:
https://twitter.com/MeridianMerGyve

 

No comments:

Post a Comment