Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Seducing a Mermaid

How does one seduce the seductress?  How do you romance the very figure of sexuality? Any Land folk will tell you it’s not easy, but with a few trinkets and tokens she could be yours!

The easiest way to catch the attentions of a mermaid is to give her something shiny! Shower your mermaid with gifts, love tokens, and treasures from land or sea. Mermaids love the sun; they love to bask in the light and sun bath in the warmth. Give your mermaid a token of gold, something that will catch the light and remind her of the sun’s warmth even when she is deep beneath the ocean’s waters where the sun can no longer reach. Precious gems and metals that sparkle and reflect the light will also please her; honey is will also help you win her heart. Honey holds the warmth and glow of the sun and a mermaid can smell the little scents of life on land and the taste will make her melt. Imbuing her with the happiness and joy of the land people and filling her with a sweet and gooey essence that will put her into a blissful state.
Anyone familiar with mermaids is sure to be familiar with the old images of mermaids combing their long hair and looking dreamily into a mirror. While these images are pretty, they have a more sensual propose then perhaps thought!  According to Skye Alexander, author of Mermaids: The Myths, The Legends, & Lore: “In the Greek language, the word for comb-kteis and pectin-also mean vulva.”  So if you are looking for kinky yet settle way of seducing your mermaid, give her a fancy comb and mirror!

It is also said that gifts of red, gold, yellow or orange are widely adored! These are the first colors of the spectrum to be lost in the depths of water. These bright vibrant colors cannot exist without the sun’s light, so give a mermaid a gift of these colors, so she may carry the colors of passion, desire, and happiness and she will always have those feelings for you.   
    
 Poetry, the universal language of Love, even if you cannot understand the words you can understand the emotion and feelings when read to you by some who does. So read to your mermaid or potential mermaid. Bring a book of poetry to the seashore and let her lay her head in your lap and read to her words of love while the waves lap at her tail. Or better yet read to her the poetry about mermaids or the ocean world, please her with words of affection for her watery home and tantalize her with stories of how beautiful or treacherous the merfolk are. Remember the game of seduction can be won with words alone!

Examples of Mermaid Poetry/Writings:

Excerpt from William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream (A personal favorite of mine)
OBERON:
My gentle Puck, come hither.
Thou rememberest since
Once I sat upon a promontory,
And heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
Uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath
That the rude sea grew civil at her song,
And certain stars shot madly from their spheres,
To hear the sea-maid's music?

Excerpt from William Shakespeare’s A Comedy of Errors
ANTIPHOLUS OF SYRACUSE:
O, train me not, sweet mermaid, with thy note,
To drown me in thy sister's flood of tears.
Sing, siren, for thyself, and I will dote;
Spread o'er the silver waves thy golden hairs,
And as a bed I'll take them and there lie,
And in that glorious supposition think
He gains by death that hath such means to die;
Let Love, being light, be drowned if she sink!

I would be completely amiss if I do not include Alfred Lloyd Tennyson’s poem, which is probably the most well know of all the poems about mermaids. You are sure to steal the heart of a mermaid if can recite this to her.

The Mermaid

Who would be
A mermaid fair,
Singing alone,
Combing her hair
Under the sea,
In a golden curl
With a comb of pearl,
On a throne?

I would be a mermaid fair;
I would sing to myself the whole of the day;
With a comb of pearl I would comb my hair;
And still as I comb'd I would sing and say,
'Who is it loves me? who loves not me?'
I would comb my hair till my ringlets would fall
Low adown, low adown,
From under my starry sea-bud crown
Low adown and around,
And I should look like a fountain of gold
Springing alone
With a shrill inner sound
Over the throne
In the midst of the hall;
Till that great sea-snake under the sea
From his coiled sleeps in the central deeps
Would slowly trail himself sevenfold
Round the hall where I sate, and look in at the gate
With his large calm eyes for the love of me.
And all the mermen under the sea
Would feel their immortality
Die in their hearts for the love of me.

But at night I would wander away, away,
I would fling on each side my low-flowing locks,
And lightly vault from the throne and play
With the mermen in and out of the rocks;
We would run to and fro, and hide and seek,
On the broad sea-whols in the crimson shells,
Whose silvery spikes are nighest the sea.
But if any came near I would call and shriek,
And a down the steep like a wave I would leap
From the diamond-ledges that jut from the dells;
For I would not be kiss'd by all who would list
Of the bold merry mermen under the sea.
They would sue me, and woo me, and flatter me,
In the purple twilights under the sea;
But the king of them all would carry me,
Woo me, and win me, and marry me,
In the branching jaspers under the sea.
Then all the dry-pied things that be
In the hueless mosses under the sea
Would curl round my silver feet silently,
All looking up for the love of me.
And if I should carol aloud, from aloft
All things that are forked, and horned, and soft
Would lean out from the hollow sphere of the sea,
All looking down for the love of me. 
Mermaid in the sunset By: Marco Busoni

 Romance and continued romance is expected if you are dating a mermaid. Mermaids need to be seduced and romanced all the time; they are creatures of such pleasurable emotions and need to be enveloped in opulent ideals and objects.

Love Rules to follow if you are dating a Mermaid
                             Courtesy of Mermaids: Magic of the Ocean 
                          by: Barbara Jane Zitwer
                
1.       Never betray her; wrath of a mermaid is unfathomable and endless. As beautiful and sweet as her nature can be, so it can be as vindictive and evil. Above all mermaids value faithfulness.
2.       Never eat any food served by a mermaid in her underwater cave; you will never be able to return to land, should you want to.
3.       Never peer at her through a keyhole in the bathroom on a Saturday – it is her day to relax in the tub, and her tail comes out in full bloom.
4.       Buy her new gold or mother-of-pearl mirror for her Birthday.
5.       A new and strong hair brush is sure to make her happy.
6.       Play gospel or church music – it’s music to her ears
7.       Mermaids love to collect seashells – if you give her a beautiful shell, she might grant you a miraculous wish.
8.       Mermaids love to be kissed; they are very romantic
9.       Prepare a wonderful meal of Sushi, oysters on the half shell, lobster and/or other seafood. One way to a mermaid’s heart is through her stomach.
10.   Rub hot coconut oil over her tail – it soothes her scales and will drive her wild with desire!
 
So there you have it, a lover’s guide to seducing a mermaid, so squish up to your cuddle-fish this Valentine’s Day and shower her in an ocean of love!



  Love, Peace, & Mermaids,
 Meridian

Check back with Mermaid Talk for more blogs, photos, and adventure! Leave a comment, stay connected and be sure to follow Meridian Mer-Gyver at:

Facebook:
or

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MeridianMerGyve

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I can't believe there are no comments here so I just wanted to let you know that I love this stuff <3 So Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks for the support, Lovely Lady!
      <3, ☮ , & ><((((º> ~ Meridian

      Delete